MCQ on Indian Constituent Assembly – (Indian Government and politics)
MCQ on Indian Constituent Assembly
Also Read Commerce MCQ
1. In Which year British crown assumed Sovereignty over India from the East India Company.
Answer (c) 1858
2. By the Government of India Act, 1858, the powers of the crown were to be exercised by the Secretary of State for India assisted by a council of ………..members.
Answer (c) 15
3. Who observed “To live by the rule if the constitution ought to be considered not slavery but salvation”
Answer (b) Aristotle
4) The representative organization of Indian public opinion, the congress
passed” the Swaraj” resolution in……..
Answer (c) 1905
5. The first attempt at introducing a representative and popular element was made by the morley-Minto Reforms which were implemented by the Indian Councils Act, …
Answer (d) 1909
6. The idea of separate electorates for the muslims was synchronous with the formation of the muslim League as a political party in …….
Answer (a) 1906
7. The Indian National Congress was established in the year
Answer (b) 1885
8. The montagu-chelsford reforms Report was prepared in the year
Answer (b) 1918
9. The RowLatt Acts was introduced in the year…..
Answer (a) 1919
10. In the Jaliwanabag massacre the total number of death was ………
Answer (d) 379
11) Simen commission arrived in British India in the year.
Answer (c) 1928
12) Seimen commission had given its report in the year –
Answer (d) 1930
13) Sand that ” Swaraj will not be a free gift of the British Parliament it will be a declaration of India’s full self-expression”
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Sardar patel
(c) Mahatma Gandhi
(d) Moulana Azad.
Answer(c) Mahatma Gandhi
(14) The two provinces of the punjeb and Bengal were to be partitioned was left to the vote of the members of the Legislative Assemblies of these two provinces, meeting in two parts, according to a plan katun as the plan.
(a) Simon plan
(b) Lord werell plan
(c) Cripps plan
(d) Mountbatten plan
Answer (d) Mountbatten plan
15) On the A -July, 1947, the Governor Greatral announced the setting up of Separate constituent Assembly for pearsan.
16) The Indian Independence Act, 1947 bill which was introduced in Parliament on July 4, received the Royal Assent on July…… and come into force from that date.
17) The representative organization of Indian public opinion, the congress. passed the Swaraj
Answer (a) 1905
18) In ………… the swarajists demanded the need for calling around table conference for preparing a plan for the constitution of India.
Answer (c) 1924
19). was the leader of the swarajist party in the central Legislative Assembly.
(a) Motilal Nehru
(b) Jawaharlal neheru
(c) Subash Chandra bose
(d) Sardar patel
Answer (a) Motilal Nehru
20) In 1928 raised the demand for the organisation of a constituent Assembly of Indie
(a) Kim munsi
(b) M.N. Roy
(c) Subash Bose
(d) T. T. Krishnamachari
Answer (b) M.N. Roy
21) In…….. Session, the congress declared that it stood for a genuine democratic state in India where political power would be transferred to the people as a whole
(a) Faizpur session
(b) Mumbai session
(c) Lahore session
(d) Delhi session
Answer (a) Faizpur session
22) ………. declared August offer for Indie
(a) Lord minto
(b) Lord wavell
(c) Lord Brice
(d) Lord Lin Lithgo
Answer (d) Lord Lin Lithgo
23). Who was rejected by the Indian leaders ” as post dated cheque on a failing bank”.
(a) Mountbatten plan
(b) marle-minto reform
(c) August offer
(d) wavell plan
Answer (c) August offer
24) from odisha allotment seats in the constituent Assembly was.
Answer (d) 9
25) Cabinet mission in the year………. formally accepted the demand for the establishment of a constituent Assembly for India for making a constitution for India.
Answer (c) 1945
26) The total strength of constituent Assembly was
Answer (c) 389
27) out 389 Seats of constituent assembly…….. seats were allotted to British Indian province.
Answer (b) 292
28) The elections for the constituent Assembly constituent Assembly were held in ….. 1946.
Answer (b) July
29) In the election for the constituent Assembly held in 1946, out of 210 seats Congress Captured
Answer (c) 199
30) Muslim League celebrated