1. People ….. not ….. time.
b. are –have
2. Dhirubhai went to America …. earning money.
a. with a view to
c. in order that
d. in order to
3. Yesterday, the terrorists made the captives …. in a queue and then shot them dead..
a. to stand
4. Find the wrong sentence from below.
a. One of the students is missing, sir.
b. Do you know why has she left her study?
c. He is capable enough to afford costly items.
d. A thing of beauty is joy forever.
5. He is richer than …..
6. “We like our work.” – Which of following is appropriate passive of this sentence?
a. We are very much liked our work
b. Our work is liked by us.
c. Our work are liked by us.
d. Our work is like us.
7. We saw him ….. a tree yesterday.
c. to cut
d. was cutting
8. This is the doctor ….. wife is suffering from cancer.
9. ….. Sagar Samrat is….. big ship.
10. Find the most similar word for ‘beg’ from given below.
11. I have never gone to Japan. I know ….. people there.
b. a few
d. most of
12. A teacher and afraid of teaching!
a. It is an exclamatory sentence.
b. It is not good habit.
c. It says that a teacher must be afraid of teaching.
d. All teachers are not afraid.
13. I am a doctor ….. my wife is a nurse.
14. Divya ….. since she arrived.
c. is talking
d. has been talking.
15. I am a good orator, ….. ?
a. don’t you
b. don’t I
c. aren’t I
d. aren’t you
16. Ajya and Kajol are husband and wife. They both love ….. .
a. for each other
b. made for each other
c. each other
d. in each other
17. Meghna wants to speak in English but due to lack of self confidence she can’t.
Which one suits proper.
a. Meghna is not willing at all to make conversation in English.
b. Meghna has a lot of fear in speaking in English.
c. Meghna doesn’t get encouragement from inside to talk in English.
d. Meghna is good a t speaking in English.
18. Does she ….. get up early and cook for family at this old age?
a. have to
b. has to
19. Indirect of – Gandhiji said, “Truth is god”.
a. Gandhiji said that truth was god.
b. Gandhiji said that truth wins at the end.
c. Gandhiji said that truth is god.
d. According to Gandhiji, truth is god.
20. I feel better today than yesterday. (Change the degree)
a. I feel the best today.
b. I didn’t feel better today than yesterday.
c. Yesterday didn’t feel so well as than today.
d. I didn’t feel so well yesterday as today.
21. Find out the correct spelling.
22. I don’t agree …. your proposal.
23. “No, not now.” – The question must bea. What are you doing now?
b. Where are you going now?
c. May I call you?
d. How are you?
24. ….. it stopped raining when we started our journey.
a. As soon as
b. Hardly had
c. No sooner did
25. Find the in correct part of the sentence.
One of the most / widely spread / bad habit is / the use of tobacco.
a. One of the most
b. widely spread
c. bad habit is
d. the use of tobacco